Vesica Pisces Collection
Vesica Pisces Collection, aka Aliens Wearing Shades
What could be more fun on a Spring or Summer day than a colorful table runner and matching placemats adorning the table for a picnic?
Quilted in the hoop with bold appliqués, the Vesica Pisces table runner is fun and easy to make. The lemon and lime colored background is the perfect backdrop for a citrus themed picnic. The splashes of color in the appliqués add a bunch of zest!
Make placemats to match - or make each one different!
The design collection includes:
- Multi-formatted designs for quilting in the hoop and embroidered applique : ART, ART70, DST, EXP, HUS, JEF, PCS, PES, VP3, XXX
- SVG files to be used with the Silhouette Cameo, Brother Scan N Cut and other digital cutting machines to cut all applique shapes.
- EXP files to use with the BERNINA Cutwork Tool to cut all appliqué shapes.
- Printable templates for all appliqué shapes.
- Complete instructions for success in Embroidered Appliqué and Quilting in the Hoop and for creating the table runner (16" x 75.5") and placemats (16" x 13").
- Football designs to replace the "alien" applique (see below for explanation!) to make this the best Super Bowl celebration accessory.
Why Aliens Wearing Shades?
Sometimes naming a quilt is the hardest part of making it - and sometimes the name just pops out. This one got two names, a "proper" name and a more off-the-cuff, fun name!
The main appliqué shape is a simple geometric shape called the Vesica Piscis. This is the intersection created when two same sized circles overlap, with the center of one circle on the circumference of the other circle.
Did you know that an American football is a 3D vesica piscis? How about a Vesica Pisces table runner in your team's colors for football season or the Super Bowl?
That's where the "proper" name came from, so what about "Aliens Wearing Shades"?
When I was creating the table runner that is part of this collection, a friend of mine was helping. She stood looking at it from the side and started laughing. Of course I had to ask what she was laughing at.
"It looks just like a ghost... one wearing sunglasses!" is what she said.
So now I had to look at it from the side and I saw just what she saw.
"Maybe it's an alien" she said. "Wearing shades!"
So there you have it ... "The Vesica Pisces Collection aka Aliens Wearing Shades"