The Ultimate, Fear-of-Circles-in-Quilting Therapy
Who said quilts have to be square?
There’s something about circular medallions that intrigues and delights me. That’s why I love working with circles in my quilts. I also love to take shapes and do something completely different with them — and such is the case with Jazzilicious.
Jazzilicious is the result of splitting the two Heather Feather motifs apart into their individual shapes, and then rearranging the shapes to create something completely new. Combined into a circular medallion, the result is a stunning quilt that is probably easier to create than you might imagine. Excellent illustrated instructions guide you step by step, providing the ultimate fear-of-circles-in quilting therapy.
At 64” in diameter, the quilt features a 36” diameter circle in the center. A paper-pieced outer border adds the finishing touch. Take the center of the center circle and create a 30” square jumbo pillow.
With a quilt (Heather Feather) named after my oldest daughter, it was time to create one named after my youngest daughter, Jasmine (lovingly referred to as Jasy). If you know her you’re sure to agree that Jasy is delicious, and if you say that fast enough you end up with Jazzilicious!
- Instructions to make the 64” diameter quilt and 30” square jumbo pillow.
- Paper foundations to complete the outer border.
- Uses GO! Heather Feather #1 and GO! Heather Feather #2 dies.
- Perfect to create as a 9–month, Block-of-the-Month Quilt.
- Excellent practice for multiple hoopings with easy-to-follow instructions so that anyone can do it.
- There are many motifs — meaning you can use any of the parts of this quilt for decorating smaller projects
I promise you’ll love creating this quilt, and how it will jazz up your décor.
- Multi-format collection includes: ART, ART60, DST, EXP, HUS, JEF, PCS, PES, VP3, XXX.
- Hoop size: 5” x 7” or larger is required
- 64”-diameter circle on quilt;
- pillows are 30” x 30”
- Use GO! Heather Feather #1 (55087), GO! Heather Feather #2 (55088)