Splash of Color
Celebrate color and lively, contemporary appliqué when you make this dazzling series quilt, a gorgeous Splash of Color!
The Splash of Color Design Collection is a 6-part series quilt, featured in each issue of McCall's Quilting magazine in 2016. The first 5 installments in the series provide instructions for making the appliqué blocks and pieced units, with printed templates for completing the appliqué blocks with hand or machine appliqué. The final installment includes instructions for quilt assembly, quilting and finishing.
The GO! Heather Feather #2 die (#55088 – for the small and large hearts), the GO! Heather Feather Border die (#55414) and the GO! 2" 3" 5" Circle die (#55012) can be used to cut all appliqué shapes.
Finish your quilt with greater ease by using the Splash of Color Design Collection with your embroidery machine to complete each appliqué block.
Each appliqué block can be finished in two ways:
- Use the basic embroidery designs to add a gorgeous edge finishing stitch to your appliqué shapes and highlight the bold designs in the Transformation fabric.
- Use the embroidered appliqué designs with solid fabrics to show off the gorgeous thread-work in the designs.
The Splash of Color Design Collection is delivered as a bundle of the installments that go with the issues of the magazine.
Each installment contains:
- Basic embroidery designs for the block.
- Embroidered appliqué designs for the block.
- A block layout page to color.
- SVG files to use with your electronic cutting machine (e.g. Silhouette Cameo; Brother Scan N Cut)
Designs are available in the following formats:
- ART, ART70, DST, EXP, HUS, JEF, PCS, PES, VP3, XXX
Each block can be stitched in a 5" x 7" or larger hoop.
The bundle also contains a quilt layout page to color.
The Block A installment contains fabric requirements and cutting instructions for a solid colored version of the quilt.
You will need to purchase each issue of the magazine in 2016 for fabric requirements, cutting instructions and quilt construction instructions for the patterned version of the quilt.
Please note that the Transformation fabric used in the original quilt is no longer available in its entirety. Google "Transformation by Sarah Vedeler for Benartex" to find stores who still have yardage.
To watch a video on how to create Splash of Color Block A, click here.
To watch a video on how to create Splash of Color Block B, click here.